Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ESRI maps changing from boundary to default point map when publishing

A client of mine wants a choropleth map to show events in local authorities (UK) so I built the boundary map in the free ESRI map visual but when I publish it to the server it changes from the boundary map (which was 0% transparent), to a point map (50% transparent), but preserved the colours I had chosen. So it's like it's reverting to default apart from the colours, but the revert to default button on the ribbon is greyed out so I can't use that. upon refreshing it loads as I would have expected sometimes, maybe 25% of the time, which is weird behaviour. 

Comments
ThomVF
Advocate IV

@Anonymous  A similar ESRI ArcGIS issue was reported earlier this week and has been resolved.  Take a look at this thread....

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ESRI-ArcGIS-maps-arent-saving-changes/idi-p/675062

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThomVFI saw that thread and I am on the 'fixed' version (1.0.0.93) but the problem is still persisting. Although it is intermitent 

ThomVF
Advocate IV

Did you also clear the cache, as desribed in this article mentioned by @mendriki32 ?

https://community.esri.com/thread/232644-have-you-experienced-a-choropleth-map-color-ramp-issue

If you are still having issues. you may want to contact the author of the ESRI post...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThomVFyeah I'm still having an issue. Tried clearing all cache, saving it under a diffreent name and publishing that and still got no joy.

I think I will try and contact ESRI as well.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has there been any developments with this? I'm still having the same issue. It looks perfect in the desktop software in developer mode but then just breaks when uploading and it is the central piece of the report 😞