Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ESRI map doesn't save changes. Shape colors revert back to default and reference layer disappears

I create a map using ArcGIS maps within Power BI. I added a reference layer from the ArcGIS catalogue and adjust the symbol size and color scheme to match other graphs in my dashboard then click "back to report". I save the file. However when I navigate to another tab in the report and then navigate back to the page with my map the reference layer has disappeared and the color scheme for the symbol styles has reverted back to the default (no longer matching the rest of the report visuals). 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 139048552. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I got information below: 

Please contact Esri support directly to get updates:

1. Navigate to the My Esri homepage - https://my.esri.com/ and log in using your Esri Account credentials

2. Click the My Organization tab > Support menu option > Request Case to start the submission process 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

kmillz2329
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft, I contacted esri and filed a case with them.  They says this issue pertains to power bi.  I have another post which referred to this post.  The user above does not address where they lose formatting changes.  I am able to get formatting to changes to hold in Power BI desktop (Not May 2020 version that version has issues), but when I upload to the service the map reverts to default settings for symbols, color ramps, base map, and reference layer.  However, upon refreshing the page, those settings become the ones I uploaded.  I can replicate this over and over again.  When the user initially opens the report the map settings are reverted to default.  Esri said they have isolated this issue to the Illinois server.  There are reports of problems similar to this dating back to April of last year.  No one solves the problem they make circular links or say it is Esri and Esri says it is Power BI.  Furthermore, the moderators are conflating different issues.  @Anonymous Tto the issue in desktop, which can be solved by reverting back to April 2020 version.  However, The problem I am referring to is the problem of the map presenting incorrectly when published to the service on initial page load up.  The map will present appropriately if the user refreshes the page.  When do you expect to resolve this issue?  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ESRI-ArcGIS-maps-arent-saving-changes/idi-p/675062#comments

htome
Regular Visitor

Hi 

Not sure if the issue has been resoved. I just dowloawded the latest version of power bi and teh same issue still happens where the esri maps are not saving any modifications. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem as above with the symbol size is resetting to default even after saving the file.

GlassShark1
Helper III

Have this and other issues with it - since the update all my maps have broken in one way or another. Redoing them from scratch helps most, but i've still lost alot of work/hrs for the maps that can't be corrected.

skari1

I can't get the color layer to publish in the ESRI report.  They look fine in the desktop application but are all one color when published.  Any fixes?