Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ESRI Maps Visual Save Configurations not saving

@v-qiuyu-msft I am currently using ESRI Maps for my power BI visuals and the formatting disappears everytime I open the file. I am currently on  Version: 2.69.5467.1751 64-bit (May, 2019) of Power BI desktop and ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (version 1.0.0.95).

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Which formatting for the ArcGIS map disappears once you reopen the report? 

I tested with Basemap and Symbol style formatting for the ArcGIS map, but not able to reproduce the issue. Please share detail steps for us to test it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft For the symbol style, when I change the ramp color from the original red to blue and change the scale on the numbers. I save the report with my slicers, once I reopen the file, the symbol style resets back to the original color and number scale.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Do you import custom color theme to the report? Based on my research, the default color in ArcGIS should be Green without any color theme imported. 

Which option do you mean about "change the scale on the numbers"? 

Is it possible for you to share the pbix file with us to test the issue? If it is, please remove the sensitive data in the report and upload pbix file to your Onedrive, paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I did not import custom color to the report. I just changed it from the default red to default blue. I also changed the max and min of the amounts. On the image below, the left side of the image are the changes I made and saved. When I open the file, everything goes back to default.

Power BI Photo.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Where is the option for us to set minimum and maximum of the amounts for color ramp? I didn't find it in ArcGIS map. Please clarify the detail steps if possible. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Here is the symbol style format I used in the edit mode. Again, once I close out of BI, all the settings are reset to default. Let me know if you need anything else.

Power BI Photo.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Do you sign in with a Esri plus account in ArcGIS map? 

I didn't see the option to set ramp color like yours. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft I am not signed into an ERSI account. The color ramp options depends on how the data is staged. For your BI file, is the color setting saving?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Yes, the color is saving after we reopen the report. If you are able to share the pbix file, please provide the pbix file. If not, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft After opening the files the last two days, the file is now saving correctly. Thanks for your help.