Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ESRI ArcGIS maps arent saving changes

I am using the free, out-of-the-box ESRI ArcGIS map visual.  I built this visual last year and had no trouble., so this isnt an RTFM situation.

I opened the PBIX and the visual looks like it reset to defaults.  Ok, stuff happens so I reconfigured it. 

Well, after saving and going back to the page with the visual, the defaults appear again. 

So, now, I have to publish the report (other changes were made) with an ESRI map that looks different because I cant preserve my changes.

I'm going to guess I am the only person on the planet seeing this issue, but I'd figure I would reach out take a shot.

TIA

Power BI Frustration Level: HIGH

Comments
aankrah
Regular Visitor

I am also having the same issue with ESRI Maps in Power BI, where customized maps revert to default after every refresh or by simply changing a Tab. Can we please get a permanant fix to this problem. It is has been issue for the past 6 months. 

Thank you

TARANEESH
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here too...

jhennessy
Regular Visitor

Really hoping this will gain some traction and we will get a resolution soon. 

djturner21
Frequent Visitor

Yes, having some troubles with this as well. Has anyone found a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue. Apparently it is related to the June update. I have a report saved on the server from the May update and the Arcgis settings are not defaulting like they are on the June update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pasted the same issue on a different thread, having same issue.

ArcGIS version 1.0.0.96

PowerBI version 2.66.5376.2161

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 here with the same problem, this error was introduced in the latest update of PBI I believe as I didn't see it happen before and i've been using ArcGis maps in pbi for a few months now

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Any updates?

Barrie0
Regular Visitor

Having downloaded the newest August update of Power BI desktop, the issue now seems to have resolved itself for both my work & home computer.

MfaceUya
Regular Visitor

Thanks @Barrie0 the August update seems to have resolved it for me too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Myself as well. Seems to work fine now.