Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ESRI ArcGIS maps arent saving changes

I am using the free, out-of-the-box ESRI ArcGIS map visual.  I built this visual last year and had no trouble., so this isnt an RTFM situation.

I opened the PBIX and the visual looks like it reset to defaults.  Ok, stuff happens so I reconfigured it. 

Well, after saving and going back to the page with the visual, the defaults appear again. 

So, now, I have to publish the report (other changes were made) with an ESRI map that looks different because I cant preserve my changes.

I'm going to guess I am the only person on the planet seeing this issue, but I'd figure I would reach out take a shot.

TIA

Power BI Frustration Level: HIGH

Comments
jadama4

Qiuyun,

Can you post an update of what is the status? It seems something happened with the latest version of Power BI when ArcGIS Maps for Power BI became more than a "preview" feature. For me this change happened between Saturday 4-20 and Monday 4-22. Something changed and it is no longer working. As many of us on this thread have clients waiting for this to be fixed, frequent updates are critical. Please advise.

ThomVF
Advocate IV

Did this issue suddenly go away (or get corrected on the backend)? 

I opened the report I was working on yesterday and the ArcGIS Map settings I made then are still there - they did not automatically revert to the default settings like they did yesterday...

mendriki32
Frequent Visitor
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The fix is already deployed. Please test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

ThomVF
Advocate IV

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft for the quick resolution of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft the issue has occured again. What is the timeline to get it fixed.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous Please post a new thread with detail information. We will investigate it and reply in your thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

tondeli
Advocate I

I am having the same issue (latest version of Desktop, version 1.0.0.95 of Esri).

I have created a map with Esri visualization. I  have added data points, color and size options as well. I have added extra reference layer. I have edited color ramp to be 6 classes and I have selected new color palet. Everything seems to be working.

I save my work.

When I open my workbook again and select sheet where my Esri map is located I see that reference layer is gone and color ramp and color palet is set as default settings.

Note, that I have logged in with Plus Subscriptions with Esri.

I have also tried to do this in the PBI Service. I can modify my map and save my work. After a while reference map is gone and after a while all the color settings are default.

I have tried to use basic map as well but that has some performance issues with my dataset when I want to use measure as data point color (I have created bins for it). It works fine when I try it on table but not with basic PBI map. Also I need to add that reference layer on my map too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft @tondeli I've been having this same issue for a couple of months now. All my settings on my arcGIS maps are blown away every time I reopen a pbix file. This is extremely frustrating.

UPDATE: I am now losing my settings after moving to another tab. What is going on? @v-qiuyu-msft

isamchakur
Frequent Visitor

Hello people, 

Are you still having problem with this issue or have you already found a solution? Since today mi visual started resetting to defaut as long as I change tab in powerBI desktop. 

If you have something that could help, please share with me!

Thank you in advance,

Isabella