Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ERROR [HY010] [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0125E Function sequence error. SQLSTATE=HY010

I used to be able to connect to my corporate zOS IBM DB2 database from my personal home PC through Power BI Desktop using ODBC (and only with ODBC for unknown reasons). Today, all of a sudden, I'm getting the following error:

ERROR [HY010] [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0125E Function sequence error. SQLSTATE=HY010

What's strange is that using Excel I can connect just fine to that database using the same ODBC driver.

So what's going on (all of a sudden) with Power BI Desktop and how do I overcome this frustrating obstacle?

Thank you.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@robarivas

Did you use the same version of PBI Desktop when you connected to DB2 successfully/unsuccessfully?

Can you connect to DB2 with the built-in connector instead of ODBC?

ERROR [HY010] [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0125E Function sequence error. SQLSTATE=HY010_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

robarivas
Post Patron

@v-haibl-msft

The only thing that "corrected" this was re-installing an earlier version of Power BI.

Never been able to connect with the built-in connector...only ODBC seems to work for whatever reason.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@robarivas

The Mar 2017 version of Power BI Desktop is available now. Could you please have a try with this new version?

Best Regards,
Herbert

robarivas
Post Patron

Hello @v-haibl-msft

Thanks for following up. Unfortunately even with the March 2017 release the problem still remains.

I'm trying to fight the good fight to get my organization to embrace Power BI but extreme challenges with just basic connectivity make this an uphill climb to say the very least.

robarivas
Post Patron

Hello @v-haibl-msft and @Vicky_Song. Tried April 2017 version and problem remains. Not good. Very disappointing.

Excel works so can't imagine why Power BI does not.

pcgeekus
Helper I

I have the July install and have this same issue.

Robarivas, What's the most recent old version that worked?

Does anyone know how to find the system name for DB2 on zOS? All I have are ODBC DSN entries they have setup for us, but those don't seem to have the system in their config.

robarivas
Post Patron

Added parameter Autocommitt=Off in the DSN to fix the issue.