Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ERROR: Connections Not FOund in JSON

Hello,

I experience an issue when trying to open a .pbix file. I've updated to latest version of PBI with no luck. The error message states, "Something went wrong. Required property 'Connections' not found in JSON. Path ",line 1,position 136."

Can you please help me resolve so I can open the .pbix file?

Thank you,

Jim 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jstockdale24

Were you able to open other pbix files? 

Please run Power BI desktop as administrator, then click on File -> Open to see if you are able to open the report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jstockdale24

@v-qiuyu-msft Yes, I can open other PBI files no problem. It only occurs when opening a .pbix file shared by a colleague. Is there an issue with the file I should consider?

Thanks,

Jim

jstockdale24

UPDATE: Looks like i did not properly update to the latest version of PBI. Once I downloaded the latest version from the Microsoft store, I was able to open the .pbix file without an issue. Thanks!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jstockdale24

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. May I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jstockdale24

Sure, thank you.

XavierD

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue when trying to open a .pbix file. The error message states, "Something went wrong. Required property 'Connections' not found in JSON. Path ",line 1,position 136."

Can you please help me resolve so I can open the .pbix file? I have tried several .pibx files and it is the same for all of them.

Thank you,

Xavier