Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dynamic title of table disappears when a column has conditional formatting

Hi!

I have a table that has a dynamic measure, where based in a slicer I show either a percentage or a decimal number. This column has conditional formatting. The toggle between the measures works fine, although there is a bit of an issue with the conditional formatting due to, I assume, the different formats of the two measures (percentage vs decimal)

Now for the fun part: I added a measure to have a dynamic title on the table based on another slicer. This works without any problem. However, when I change the measures toggle explained above, the title of the table dissappears!

I've recreated this with two datasets (my client's and another one I downloaded from here) , so it is not an issue with the data.

What could be wrong?

Title is OKTitle is OKChanged the slicer, and the title changesChanged the slicer, and the title changesChanged the measure, and now the title is gone!Changed the measure, and now the title is gone!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

From your sample pbix file, I didn't find the Select Measure column and Selected Measure measure. Please share a pbix file which is able for us to reproduce the issue. Do remove sensitive data in the report before sharing. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Here is the link to download the file.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I looked into your file, I found the Selected Measure measure returns a value as percentage format: 

Selected Measure = if(SELECTEDVALUE(Selector[Measure]) = "Percentage", FORMAT([Period Growth], "Percent"), [Period Growth Value])

As the Format() function returns text values, it's not supported to use conditional formatting. Based on my research, I'm afraid there is o DAX function returns a actual percentage value instead of text. It's not able to show the Selected Measure values in percentage and decimal format based on slicer selections. 

Please modify the measure by removing FORMAT() function, then both conditional formatting and table dynamic title work again. 

Selected Measure = if(SELECTEDVALUE(Selector[Measure]) = "Percentage", [Period Growth], [Period Growth Value])

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @v-qiuyu-msft !

What I find really odd is that the dynamic title expression doesn't have anything to do (as far as I understand) with the dynamic expression of the field. Isn't this correct?