Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dynamic Titles not showing on pinned tiles on dashboards

Dear all,

We have dashboard tiles pinned from reports which use dynamic tiles.  They have been showing fine until today (19 July 2019 in Australia).  Suddenly the titles are not displayed on the dashboard tiles anymore.  Investigation shows that:

1. The dynamic titles are still showing fine on the reports from which the visuals were pinned

2. The static titles are still showing on the dashboard.  Only the dynamic titles are removed

Up until this morning the titles were displayed correctly on the dashboards.

Has the treatment of titles been changed in the dashboards?

Please assist, someone?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wilx

What's the "dynamic titles" do you mean? 

Does the same issue occurs if you re-pin the "dynamic titles" from the report to the same dashboard? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

wilx
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuvy-msft,

Dynamic titles refer to "Expression-based titles" as discribed in this MS doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-format-visual-titles

The problem still persists even if I re-pin the visuals from the report.  I.e. the titles won't show in the pinned tiles. 

It used to work.  We use "expression-based titles" extensively in one of our production dashboards.  We noticed the problem from last Friday morning (19/07/2019).  We did not edit or update the dashboard and underlying reports before the problem.  After the problem occurring, we tried re-pinning the visuals to existing or new dashboard and got the same result.

Regards

wilx

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wilx

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 135141631. Will keep you update here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

diazrp

could you please give an update on this?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

ETA 8/9 to all production cluster.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Update: Fix is coming on August 12th assuming no deployment delays. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

wilx
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft Yes this is now fixed.  Thank you.