Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dynamic Titles Not Populating on Dashboards

Our organization has several dashboard tiles that are named dynamically (i.e. Title - [current month start] through [current month end]).  Those titles were posting to our dashboard titles without issue until the past couple of days.  Now these titles are not posting to our dashboards whatsoever.  No issues with dashboard titles that have static names, and no issues with the dynamic titles within the reports.  Just the dynamic titiles on the dashboard.  It would be very onerous for us to reconfigure the titles/dashboards, though.  Curious if there is a fix to get the dynamic titles to pull over to the dashboards again.  Any help or feedback is appreciated.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@mbridge ,

@mbridge wrote:

Our organization has several dashboard tiles that are named dynamically (i.e. Title - [current month start] through [current month end]).  Those titles were posting to our dashboard titles without issue until the past couple of days.  Now these titles are not posting to our dashboards whatsoever. 

Could you please clarify more details about your issues? For example, could you explain the meaning of "dynamic titles" you mentioned?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor
rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

When he said dynamic titles, I believe he is talking about using conditional formating in the title.

mbridge
Regular Visitor

@v-yuta-msftthanks for the response.  @rockgrabber is correct - I am having an issue with the expression-based titles that are outlined here.  These titles work on my reports, but do not publish to our dashboards.  This wasn't an issue until last week.

Anonymous
Not applicable
rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

I just sent a .pbix file to MS Power BI support team as an example of the title not showing on the dashboard when published in PBI. Will update when I hear something.

Dave

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

I received an update Saturday:

"We are raising internal request to our Desktop for the assistance, will contact you with the update."

Not an answer, but at least progress.

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

Latest from MS:

This is in reference to your case.our product team is rigorously working with the fix.I will inform you as soon as we receive any update from our product team. I will update you every 24-48 hours on this issue.

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

Latest update on a fix:

"We have received an update from our PG team that the Fix is coming on August 12th assuming no deployment delays."

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

Issue appears to be fixed.