Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dynamic Title not Working after Publishing

Hi,

I have this problem on all my reports: I have a text box with a dynamic title using conditional formatting and SELECTEDVALUE, but after I publish it shows the previous selection, not the current one. In addition, after publishing the title is gone until I make a new selection, then it appears showing the previous selection.

I reproduced this problem using a simple table. 

In Power BI Desktop everything works:

(The selected measure used in the title is: Selected Measure = ""&SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Measure],"ALL"))

Desktop.PNG

When I publish it's wrong (below I selected "Two" before changing to "One"):Published.PNG

I've cleared caches, cookies, testes different browsers and computers, and I've tried to refresh the page (also with the refresh button in Power BI which solves the problem until I make a new selection and it is wrong again).  I've also tried to google the problem, but I can't find a solution that works.

Any ideas on how to fix this are very appreciated.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Othello00 ,

I've made a test but couldn't reproduce your issue. The selected value in power bi service is same with in power bi desktop like below:

Capture.PNG 

Please update power bi desktop to the latest version and check if this issue persists.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Othello00
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

@v-yuta-msft 

Thank you for your reply, but (as far as I can see) my Power BI Desktop is updated (version October 2019). 

It looks like you used a card visual and not a text box, and if I do that I get the correct result. The problem is when I use a text box and add the measure as a title using conditional formatting. But as a workaround I can change all my text boxes to cards. I've only focused on trying to fix the problem, not finding another solution, so thanks for the idea! 

Regards

Mia

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Othello00 ,

I have changed the card visual to text visual and set conditional formatting on the text visual but I was still not able to reproduce this issue. I would suggest you create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao