Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dynamic RLS for on-premises Power Bi reports server

Hi, 

I am trying to apply RLS on a report in Power BI Report Server with Publisher permissions, but I can not find the option "Row-level security". This option appears only for users who have Content Manager permissions.
Considering the documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/row-level-security-report-server (where you can read "If you are using the default permissions on the Power BI Report Server, any user with Publisher or Content Manager permissions to the Power BI report can assign members to roles for that report.")
it would be possible for a Publisher assign members to a report.

Can you please help?

Thank you in advance.

Ana

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@acosantos,

Are you the owner of the published report? I make a test in Power BI January 2019 report server , and I can assign RLS role member with publisher permission.
1.PNGCapture.PNG 

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

acosantos
Advocate I

Hi,

Yes, I'm the owner of the published report.

I'm using a diferent version of Power BI January Report Server:

Versão Report Server janeiro 2019.png

When I use the role of Publisher I can´t see the option "Row-level security". but if I have a role of Content Manager I am able to see that option.

Thanks,

Ana

chicagoclone

Any update on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you solve that? I´ve got the same problem - user with publisher-role can´t see the option "Row Level Security" on the server and are not able to add user to the roles. Only user with content manager-role can see this option. Can anybody help please?