Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dynamic M query parameters not working on Power BI Report Server

I created a report using Dynamic M query parameters and direct query to a sql server source.

Filters work properly on Power BI Desktop: a table refreshes data with every click on filters.

Nonetheless, data is not refreshed when published to the Power BI Reporte Server -september 2022 ed.-. No error is displayed either.

Reference docs (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-dynamic-m-query-parameters?source=re...) do not specify if this feature is expected to work on PBI Report Server as of the appointed edition.

Hence, I do not know how to regard this behaviour either as a bug or a missing feature.

Thanks for your confirmation.

Hi @JSolano ,

There is indeed a known issue related to the M query parameter and it has been reported to the ICM, the id is 342965928. This issue is being fixed and please be patient.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @JSolano ,

There is indeed a known issue related to the M query parameter and it has been reported to the ICM, the id is 342965928. This issue is being fixed and please be patient.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

JSolano
Regular Visitor

@v-mengzhu-msft ,

Thanks for your answer!

How can I follow IcM 342965928 so that I know once it is fixed? 

I did not find an option to search -IcMs by number- and join in order to follow updates.

Regards!

Bhavs
Regular Visitor

Hello Team,

Any update on this issue. Is it fixed? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  Can you please advice if this feature is available in Power Bi Reporting Server yet?

JSolano
Regular Visitor

Hi @Bhavs  & @Anonymous ,

As per the list of new features in the latest release -january 2023 Power BI Report Server January 2023 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI -, it seems this fix has not been released yet.

I myself haven not updated my environment yet but once I do, I will come back to inform you.

Regards

Bhavs
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the update !When this feature is expected to release?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for the update, it would be good to understand when this will become available.  Also on a side question, any idea when the Power Apps Visuals will be supported for Power BI Report Server at all? 

Thank You