Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dynamic Format Strings don't work when there is a field in the "Legend" well

Problem

The August edition of Power BI came out with Dynamic Format Strings being supported. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-august-2020-feature-summary/#_dynamic_form...

If you use Line chart or Clustered Column Chart and if you add a field into the Legend then the dynamic format string is no longer respected. 

My situation

I am using SSAS with a calculation group with calculation items Actual & Percentage, format string expressions being "0" & "0.0%;-0.0%;0.0%" respectively. 

Comments
DingbatData
Advocate I

Just to add a few notes about this situation with the table feild in the legend well. 

I am using the calculation group as a single select slicer to choose between Actual and Percentage

A calculation item can convert a measure of format string percentage to integer, i.e. but not the other way round.

This is my work around till this bug gets fixed.  

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@DingbatData 

The issue is reported internally : CRI 203125573.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@DingbatData 

We’ve identified the issue. As the fix involves lots of evaluation, coding and testing, there is no ETA at this time.

spham1215
Frequent Visitor

This issue appears to still be happening in the September 2023 version of Power BI. Is there any plans to resolve this?