cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown slicer jumps to top after selecting an item

When selecting an item in a dropdown slicer, the list of items jumps back to top, making it incredibly frustrating to select multiple values from a long list. Please provide a workaround or is there a fix

Comments

Hi @Chann

Did the issue happen in Power BI desktop? 

I tested in Power BI desktop version 2.73.5586.561 64-bit (September 2019) but not able to reproduce the issue. Please update your Power BI desktop to the same version as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

@v-qiuyu-msft I am on Desktop Version: 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August, 2019) and this is happening to me too. Use a standard dropdown slicer and scroll down to the middle of the list. Click on one item and it takes me back to the top. It is so frustrating and a waste of time. I will try upgrading to Sept version.

@v-qiuyu-msft I upgraded to Sept and still it is happening. This is an existing report and existying slicer. Now I see why you probably cannot recreate it. I recreated the slicer from scratch and it doesn't jump. It has something to do with existing slicers. This will be a real pain to go through and recreate slicers in reports. Can Microsoft fix this so we don't have to do this?