Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dropdown slicer jumps to top after selecting an item

When selecting an item in a dropdown slicer, the list of items jumps back to top, making it incredibly frustrating to select multiple values from a long list. Please provide a workaround or is there a fix

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Chann

Did the issue happen in Power BI desktop? 

I tested in Power BI desktop version 2.73.5586.561 64-bit (September 2019) but not able to reproduce the issue. Please update your Power BI desktop to the same version as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Shelley
Continued Contributor

@v-qiuyu-msft I am on Desktop Version: 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August, 2019) and this is happening to me too. Use a standard dropdown slicer and scroll down to the middle of the list. Click on one item and it takes me back to the top. It is so frustrating and a waste of time. I will try upgrading to Sept version.

Shelley
Continued Contributor

@v-qiuyu-msft I upgraded to Sept and still it is happening. This is an existing report and existying slicer. Now I see why you probably cannot recreate it. I recreated the slicer from scratch and it doesn't jump. It has something to do with existing slicers. This will be a real pain to go through and recreate slicers in reports. Can Microsoft fix this so we don't have to do this?