Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dropdown slicer jumps to top after selecting an item

This bug has once again appeared in both Power BI Desktop (latest version) and the Power BI Service. When selecting an item in a dropdown slicer, the list of items jumps back to top, making it incredibly frustrating to select multiple values from a long list. Toggling single select does not change this behavior. Please fix this ASAP.

Comments
Shelley
Continued Contributor

I have a user on powerbi.com that is having this problem. He was able to select about three pages worth of customer IDs and once he gets beyond that, each selection puts him back to the top of the list. So then he has to scroll all the way down to select the next one and it throws him back to the top of the list. This is extremely tedious and a waste of time. Please help us, Microsoft. He has over 170 to select for this single analysis. We have many of these to do.

6mon
Helper II

Doesn't work in current desktop version ( 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (june, 2019))

bartus1
Helper I

Still happening.  This provides terrible user experience.

Version: 2.71.5523.941 64-bit (July 2019)

6mon
Helper II

I got around it using the 'new' filter bar.

bartus1
Helper I

Thanks.  It works.  

I've seen this behavior with Map control as well.  It needs to be manually removed (old) and added (new built) to work.

Mogry
Advocate I

This issue is occuring on the RS January 2019 version and I read in the linked thread https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/List-Mode-Slicer-jumps-to-top-on-selection/idc-p/582237#M360... that it is still happening in RS May 2019 Version. Is this Bug fixed in September 2019 Version? I didn´t read any update on this behaviour.

Mogry
Advocate I

Hello at all,

what is the status about this bug? In Power BI Desktop it should be fixed because we didn´t see this behaviour recently. But it is still occuring in Power BI Desktop Report Server September 2019.

We are using: Version: 2.73.5586.1241 64-bit (September 2019)

In my case the slicer got a list with 107 differnt entries and from the 20th position it is jumping to the top after selecting.

Best,

Mogry

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same problem as Mogry on Version: 2.73.5586.661 64-bit (September 2019)

Please fix.

Thanks

Jason

Mogry
Advocate I