Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dropdown slicer jumps to top after selecting an item

This bug has once again appeared in both Power BI Desktop (latest version) and the Power BI Service. When selecting an item in a dropdown slicer, the list of items jumps back to top, making it incredibly frustrating to select multiple values from a long list. Toggling single select does not change this behavior. Please fix this ASAP.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 88548834. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The web should be fixed by the end of this week, Desktop November will have the fix.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still happening for me and my users, both desktop and web.

I'm running desktop Version: 2.64.5285.661 64-bit (November 2018).

Was the fix released?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please update your Power BI desktop to this version 2.64.5285.741 and test it again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've updated desktop to the latest version Version: 2.64.5285.741 64-bit (November 2018)

I've also re-published, but the issue still remains.

I have a slicer of over 250 options. The slicer doesn't contain all the options initially, but downloads more options as you scroll. If a user scrolls down part way, before the slicer retrieves the next set of options, it does not jump back to the top.

However, if the slicer has retrieved more options and you select one of these, it jumps back to the top.

As mentioned above, it's very frustrating for our users

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

It looks like the issue happens on Power BI service rather than Power BI desktop, right? 

Would you please share a pbix file which contains some dummy data? You can upload it to your Onedrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As we discussed, please create a new thread due to it's a different issue, I will investigate the issue in the new thread. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Kmow
Advocate I

We're using Power BI Desktop (March 2018) optimized for Report Server.  Anyone know if this issue is fixed in in the August 2018 version? If not, Will it be fixed in the ~March '19 version? Drives my users crazy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Kmow

It's to be fixed in the March release apparently. I started a new thread here to track it:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/List-Mode-Slicer-jumps-to-top-on-selection/idc-p/588363#M363...

Frustrates my users too!