Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dropdown is not refreshing properly

Hello,

Consider a scenario,

I am having two dropdown slicers in my report. One is of Category and the Second one is of Sub-Category. I have enabled to refresh the Sub-Category dropdown on changing the Category drop-down.

Now, let's consider I am having following categories and sub-categories: 

1. Vehicle
    1. Car
    2. Bus
    3. Train
  2. Fruits
    1. Apple
    2. Mango
    3. Kiwi

Now, the default selection is Category is set to Vehicle and Sub Category is selected to Car.

If I change the Category to Fruits, the Sub-Category list will be updated but the Selected Sub-Category is still Car until I go to Sub-Category dropdown and change he selection. In this time my graphs will go empty.

I want that when I change the category selection, the subcategory selection also changes to some value from the updated subcategories list.

I am looking for references and suggestions that can help me in this task. Thank you for your help.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Consider a scenario,

I am having two dropdown slicers in my report. One is of Category and the Second one is of Sub-Category. I have enabled to refresh the Sub-Category dropdown on changing the Category drop-down.

Now, let's consider I am having following categories and sub-categories: 

1. Vehicle
    1. Car
    2. Bus
    3. Train
  2. Fruits
    1. Apple
    2. Mango
    3. Kiwi

Now, the default selection is Category is set to Vehicle and Sub Category is selected to Car.

If I change the Category to Fruits, the Sub-Category list will be updated but the Selected Sub-Category is still Car until I go to Sub-Category dropdown and change he selection. In this time my graphs will go empty.

I want that when I change the category selection, the subcategory selection also changes to some value from the updated subcategories list.

I am looking for references and suggestions that can help me in this task. Thank you for your help.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm afraid this is by design. The selections of users won't be cleared automatically. If you enable interaction of the two slicers, such issues will be less. I would suggest you create an idea here for the new feature.

Best Regards,

Dale