Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Drillthrough - show value selected in slicer

When I use the drillthrough functionality to drill into a detailed report, it properly filters my detailed report.  However, the slicer for the same field does not display the value that I selected and shows 'All'.  The only way to clear the filter is to open up the filter pane and deselect the value I drilled on.  Typically, the users will see the filtered values in the slicers and they don't have to expand the filters pane.  

Please let me know if this is a bug or if this is the intended functionality.  If it's intended, I think it should be updated.  

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rossgerber

I'm not very clear about your problem here. Please refer to my recorded video below. Do you mean that the slicer in Page1 is not filtered after drillthrough from Page2 on your side?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

prateekraina
Memorable Member

Hi @v-haibl-msft,

I think @rossgerber is trying this when the slicer is kept in dropdown mode and not in list mode.
If you do that you will repro the issue.

Prateek Raina

rossgerber
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft My slicer is in the dropdown mode as @prateekraina stated.  It looks like this works in list mode but not in the drop down mode.  Please add this to the list of improvements / ideas / bugs(?) as I think this does really limit the functionality of drillthrough.  Rarely do I have lists of values that are short enough to use in the list mode.  

@prateekraina Thanks for clarifying this!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@prateekraina Thanks for your clarification.

@rossgerber

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 47010985
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rossgerber

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

This is by design. The drillthrough filter is acting as page level filter, so if the slicer is on the same field, it’ll effectively only have one value and then show ‘All’.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Jean-Luc
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I have the same issue.

For me it can't be design like this. In fact if you want to drill into a detailed report, then go back to the first page, and then go to to the detail report without the drillthrough functionality, in that case the detail report remain filtered and youn can't clear the filter.

The only way to clear this filter is to open up the filter pane and deselect the value. For users it's not logical.

Jean-Luc
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I have the same issue.

For me it can't be design like this. In fact if you want to drill into a detailed report, then go back to the first page, and then go to to the detail report without the drillthrough functionality, in that case the detail report remain filtered and youn can't clear the filter.

The only way to clear this filter is to open up the filter pane and deselect the value. For users it's not logical.