Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Drillthrough on Matrix in Service not working

I have a Matrix with Drill thru to Trend information.  Behavior has been stable and great for over a year.  I noticed it was not working on Service today.  The image on the left is Desktop...the image on right is same model on service.  We use and check it often...probably changed with the new release.  It doesn't fail on all models either.  Sure would be nice if things were stable.  Any idea what's happened?

DrillThroughDesktop.pngDrillThroughService.png

Comments
devl0st3d
Regular Visitor

Same issue here, stop working yesterday, tried many things. The Matrix Right-click is working for me on Direct-Query Repport (Online Services and Desktop), but as soon as i convert my pbix to Import Mode (wish is needed by my org) it doesnt work anymore on the Service App website but keep working as intended on Desktop.

I can ensure that the table used for drilling thru are valid.

No relationnal, measure, calculated columns change were made during the transformation of DirectQuery to Import Mode

Using a standard table instead of the Matrix one works, but the use of the std table is off my needs. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Would you please test again? Also you can test with our sample report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

@v-qiuyu-msft     Your sample fails to present the Drill through "menu" on right click when I upload to my workspace.  I have put a short video demonstrating that it does not work in a dropbox folder here .  Tom

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

@v-qiuyu-msft I don't mean to sound impatient...but we're still waiting.  It's been days--probably a week I just don't recall.  Is the dev team aware?  Does this get some priority resources?    Does the dev team need access to our workspace?  Or others with the same problem?  Thank you, Tom

devl0st3d
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft i had the exact same result as those of @ThomasDay

I too would like an indicator on what's going on. Put yourself in our shoes, it is we who look bad in front of our staff. Telling people that Microsoft has a problem is not going to help the situation. Give us at least a few notched bones to feed them!

Thanks.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

@v-qiuyu-msft  et al.

MS Support site shows the issue is being worked now with an ETA of 04 March.  https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much Qiuyun Yu for following through for us.  Tom

devl0st3d
Regular Visitor

Good news, thanks for that.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

You can keep an eye on the status of this known issue in Support site:  

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

@v-qiuyu-msft  Still no joy in my workspaces despite the fix being deployed.  I'll keep checking.

Tom

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

@v-qiuyu-msft  6:00am EST and still not working on your sample or any of our models in any of our workspaces.  Even cleared browser cache which is a big PITA now.  Anyway, the fix seems to be incomplete or not fully deployed somehow.  Can you give us any comments on timing as it is very serious at this point since fix does not seem to be a fix and it's been an exceptionally long time.  Tom