Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Drill through to another report not refreshing

Hi!,

I have a problem with te new drill through functionality that makes it possible to drill through to another report page. I´ve set everything up correctly, but my target report simply doesn't seem to refresh the data. So I see all my filters flowing through to the target report, but the filters have no effect on the data. Only when I manually refresh the query, do I see the data actually changing accoring to the filters. I´ve made a short video of the behavior;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c7sPJU7ybU

I don´t think this is by design and I can't really explain this to my end users. Any feedback on this is more then welcome!

Kind regards,

Guust

Comments
GuustD
Helper I

Hi!

I´ve been looking forward to the drill through functionality to other reports quite long. However I seem to be hitting the same issue over and over. When using the new drill through functionality, the target report seems to get in the filters from my base report, but the filters don´t work. I have to do a manual refresh to make the filters actually work. 

I´m working on an OLAP cube so I can´t give you the .pbix. I´ve made a short video of the issue.

Hopefully this explains what is happening. 

https://youtu.be/-c7sPJU7ybU

Kind regards,

Guust

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @GuustD

Does the issue happen to Power BI desktop as well? 

Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version, open the report then republish the report to see if the same issue occurs. Also please update the on-premises data gateway to the latest version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

GuustD
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for the fast reply and sorry for the duplicate. I couldn´t find my original post, so I posted a new one.

This issue is not related to the desktop, because the drillthrough to another report only works in the PBI service. We have the latest version of Power BI and also have the latest version of the gateway running...

so I still need your assistance I´m affraid 😞

Kind regards,

Guust

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @GuustD

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let the engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

GuustD
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for your help. I've just created a support ticket. I guess you can close this ticket now.

Kind regards,

Guust

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @GuustD

I will leave this issue open here. It would be better if you could share the solution here which will benefit other users who have the same issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

GuustD
Helper I

The Power BI support team indicated that this it is currently not supported to work with drill through to another report using a live connection. Although I still consider this to be a bug, I´ve created an Idea to change this. So please vote here;

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37653658-drill-through-to-another...

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is definitely a bug.