Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Drill through and Filter pane - Filters appaer multiple times and are not working correctly

Filters that are used as a drill through filter and as a page filter appear 2 times in the report page which is used as the drill through page. You can clear both filters, but only the one that is used in the drill through is working.
The filters are available in the report where people can use a drill through, but also in the drill through page because that page can also be used as a starting point.

Example:  Product filter
 Product Algemeen.PNGProduct Algemeen Detail.PNG

Left is the filter in the start page, right are the filters in the drill through page.
In the drill through page, the first filter can be cleared and than you can see all products again, but the second can not be changed. We can create a bookmark to claer all drill through filters, but the fact that the filters appaears 2 times, is very confusing for our users. Is there a workaround and/or can it be solved in an update of the new filter pane functionality?
After a drill through the filter appears 2 times. You can clear the first filter

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Would you please share a pbix file which contains dummy data with us? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Stupid question maybe, but how can I share a PBIX here?
kind regards Charlize

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I created a desktop file with 2 pages.
Page 1 shows the project and you can drill through on project with 2 visual level filters Project and Description.
Page 2 shows the project with amount with 3 visual level filters Project, Description and Amount.
The Project filter is required because people can use this page as as starting point and have to be able to filter on Project.
When you drill through from page 1 to page 2, and click on the visual the Project filter appears 2 times. You can not clear that filter.
This also happens when you use a page filter.

kind regards Charlize

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your detail information. 

I tested with your sample report on my side, when I drill through on the report page "Pagina 1" by right clicking the first row in the table visual, it navigates to the page "Pagina 2", and there is only one Project filter displays in drill through filter pane. 

q4.PNG

Please try to run the same Power BI desktop version as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.
I use the same version of Power BI desktop. It is not a problem in the Desktop tool.
The problem occurs in the Power BI Service. And only when somebody clicks on the visual in the second page. At that moment the second filter is shown.

Kind regards,
Charlize

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I tested in Chrome browser version 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit), when I drill through on the report page "Pagina 1" by right clicking the first row in the table visual, it navigates to the page "Pagina 2", click on the visual in second page, and there is only one Project filter displays in drill through filter pane. I would suggest you test again on your side. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Jeremy-Hitachi
Regular Visitor

This is not a unique experience. I have exactly the same issue. Very difficult to reproduce. I have a report with filters at different levels. In desktop there is no problem. I view it in the workspace and can see no problem. Another user views it in the same workspace and sees multiple filter instances. Looks to me like some kind of cacheing issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep i am facing this issue as well. 

Page 1 has visuals and charts for distribution of a group of accounts for a company. 

Page 2 has details about the expenses. Or we can call it the Lines or Transactions records of the expenses. 

So if i have drill through set up. Such that i can drill through based on one of the Names in the group of expenses lets say 'Repairs', then it will go the Page 2 and show all the transactions regarding Repairs. 

However if i have the Group of expenses as a page level filter in page 2, the page will show two of these cards instead of 1. One of these cards will be in italics. Other will be in regular font. 

This will happen to other filters on which the drill through is set up as well. 

If i have more pages. and the drill through is on the same field, it will appear multiple times. 

For example if i have FiscalYear as a drill through set up from PAge 1 and one more page like Page 3, then on the drill through page (i.e Page 2) it will appear in italics twice. (indicating the different locations of each filter) This is the same even if both the filters coming from different pages are pointing to the same field in the power bi table. 

Hope this helps. Please feel free to tag me @Anonymous when you reply.

Thank you.