Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Drill Down not working following bookmark navigation - PowerBI Report Server

Hi All, 

I have a matrix visualization with drill through values on the rows. The drill through functions normally when first loading the report, but after using the filters on the filter pane, then clicking a button to navigate to a bookmark (which resets to the default view with no filters) I'm unable to drill down to more than the first level using the [+] icon. If I attempt to right click and drill down to the next level, I get an error:

Error Message:
An error occurred while rendering the report.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.JavaScriptException
TypeError: Cannot read property 'isNodeCollapsed' of undefined
at ExpandCollapseService.getAllowedActions (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/explore.js:9959:87)
at ExpandCollapseService.getAllowedActions (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:46223:33)
at VisualContainerMenuFactoryService.<anonymous> (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreui.js:7316:274)
at step (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/visuals.js:163:23)
at Object.next (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/visuals.js:115:20)
at fulfilled (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/visuals.js:95:32)
at processQueue (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:18035:37)
at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:18083:27
at Scope.$digest (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:19202:15)
at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:57116:63

If anyone has expereinced a similar problem I'd appreciate a workaround 🙂 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@JonBarnes 

I tried the latest version to upload a report and it seems to be working fine.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

pratafran
Helper III

I'm working with May 2022 version of Power BI Server and I'm experiencing the same issue. After applying bookmarks on a matrix (changing order of Rows), the Drill Down/Up functionality stops working (with the +/- buttons but also with the top header navigator)