Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Drag and Drop in Query Editor not working in the Microsoft Store version.

Drag and drop functionality for rearranging queries or query steps within the query editor does not work if you install Power BI Desktop through Microsoft Store (which is the default installation option in the Power BI website).  This has been an issue for quite some time and it is very surprising that it has not been fixed.  The .exe installer version works just fine, I just installed the September update, but it took me a long time to figure out what the problem was because I never expected the Microsoft Store version to be different.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

In the store app version, user can delete a step but can't drag the steps to other position. I would suggest you to create an idea here to help power bi improve.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply @v-yuta-msft.  Are you implying that the inability to drag and drop is an intentional design feature for the Microsoft Store version?  If so, it is very hard to make sense of such a decision that makes both versions inconsistent and really impoverishes the experience of one version.

vagabond
Frequent Visitor

This has been a problem for some time. I cannot determine if this affects all MS Store installations or if it's just all of my installations.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/PBI-Desktop-Query-Editor-can-t-drag-queries-to-reposition-t...