Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Download the .pbix file is greyed out on Google Chrome

Hi All,

I've seen this issue posted a couple of times but I have found a solution (bug) in Power BI Service.

To download a report which is connected to a dataset (without downloading the dataset) I would go to the relevant workspace and click on the report to load it up.

budaesandrei_1-1608119099175.png

Then from the File tab, I'd select Download the .pbix file but initially, it is greyed out as in the image below

budaesandrei_2-1608119176563.png

Now, by chance, I've noticed that when refreshing the page, the option is not greyed out anymore.

budaesandrei_3-1608119371716.png

I'm using Google Chrome as the default browser as most people around the globe (about 63.54% to be exact according to https://gs.statcounter.com/)

budaesandrei_4-1608119491060.png

I've tried replicating the behaviour on Internet Explorer and Edge and the option is available as soon as I load the report so that works fine.

Now I can live with this bug since I've found a way to work around it (refreshing the page after loading the report already), albeit somewhat annoying, but considering that such a high amount of consumers are using Chrome as their browser it would be great if we can have this bug fixed.

Comments
klinejordan
Advocate II

Can confirm the behavior and the workaround on my end. Works fine in new Edge and IE, not in Chrome. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

I have tested on my side, only three reports have reproduced the same problem, but It seems to be random, when try to tested it again, it works well and after many tests, it can suddenly reproduce only once again. Not sure the reason for this issue.

I doubt that If the report in service published with a really old version of Desktop, the option is greyed out. Please upgrade the Power BI Desktop to the latest version and try again.

and if possible, could you share the more details about repeat steps.

Regards,

Lin

kazuya
Frequent Visitor

I was experiencing the same problem. However, when I tried it today, the problem had disappeared.Please check it in your environment as well.