Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Double totals in matrix preview at right end

Once "total column" in "Format"/"Subtotals" is on, I get two totals at the right end. Do you know how I can fix this?

Capture.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sfenerlis

It seems that I can only get one total on my side. How about the result if you turn off subtotals for the Matrix Preview visual? Are you using the latest version 2.47.4766.801 (June 2017) of Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

sfenerlis

Hi Herbert, I confirm I have the latest (June) version of the Desktop Client. Also, if I turn off the "Total column" in subtotals" then both columns with totals disappear. Any other ideas?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sfenerlis

Is it possible to share your PBIX file which can be used to repro to me? You can upload it to online file service like OneDrive and then send the sharing link to me.

Best Regards,
Herbert

sfenerlis

Dear Herbert. I think I understand the rationale behind the Double totals. It seems that as I drill down to monthly data from yearly, the first sums is supossed to add the monthly data and the second sum is supossed to add data for 2 or more years. If I have monthly data for only one year then Double totals are presented.

I see that the "Grand Total" is available only for columns. Is there a way to insert "Grand Total" on rows?

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered