Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Donut Charts are collapsing in service

Donut charts with a field in their legend/details will look great on desktop (i.e. a donut divided into 3 parts), but when published to the service, they will collapse all the data into one category. Say I have 99 documents, 33 of them are Type A, 33 are Type B, and 33 Type C. The donut chart is set up so the values field has the document count and the legend is the Type field, so you'd get a donut divided into 3 parts, each with 33 documents associated with each type. When published, it'll publish as such, but after a while, usually after a refresh within the service, the categories will collapse into one (i.e. it'll show 1 whole color wheel that isn't divided up, such as Type A with a count of 99 documents). Something is going on when reports using this visualization are published to the service, and it is incredibly frustrating. They need to fix this ASAP

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

>>When published, it'll publish as such, but after a while, usually after a refresh within the service, the categories will collapse into one

Did you mean refresh dataset in Power BI service? If it is, please open the same report in Power BI desktop, click on Refresh button to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Yes, I mean when refreshing a dataset in Power BI Service. This never happens in desktop. The data will always be divided type a, b, and c in desktop. It's when that report, which is actually a sharepoint file that whenever the file updates in desktop it'll automatically refresh the same file in service. It's only after refreshing the dataset within the service a couple of times that collapsing into one category occurs.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu