Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Donut Chart stopped working w/ last update?

I have a report that has been working fine in the service.  I checked it today and it the donut chart visual is not working, everything else is fine.  It works fine in Power BI desktop but doesn't correct itself when published.  Something related to the last release?  Dataset is a 2016 Analysis Services Cube live connection, although that shouldn't matter since everything else is working fine.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

And I should have stated that by not working I mean that it's just showing whitespace within the visual...no error or anything...just white space once published out to the service.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

if you could try to create a new Donut Chart in power bi service to see if it works well.

and also please try that use a excel file as a datasouce to create a simple sample pbix file to test it to see if it works well.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-lili6-msft -

I tried creating the donut chart directly in the service as you suggested and determined what was possibly causing the issue.  I had the field that I wanted to segment in the details.  When I moved it to legend it published fine, but when in Details it comes up blank in the service.  Still sounds like a bug to me but I was able to come up with a workaround.  Thanks.