Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Don't see the "Analyze - Explain the decrease" option after September update

Hello friends,

In September's update there supposed to be a nice feature of explaining decrease/increase.

It is described here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=817&v=moTQJlnClJw

The problem is that I don't see this option when right clicking a chart column.

I did use a date column from a time dimension and a stacked column chart as described.

But no "Analyze" option....

Please help.

Thank you

Michael

Comments
danextian
Super User

This is true. I coudln't find it under preview featueres either. 

prateekraina
Memorable Member

I cannot see it either.

Version: 2.50.4859.502 64-bit (September 2017)

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@prateekraina @danextian

Please refer to the solution in this thread.

Explain the increase / decrease has a few limitations with the first release, which is why it is still in preview.

You do not need to enable the preview switch as it is turned on for all. Here's a list of the type of queries it does not yet handle:

• TopN filters
  • Include/exclude filters
  • Measure filters
  • Non-additive measures and aggregates
  • Show value as
  • Categorical columns on X-axis unless it defines a sort by column that is scalar. If using a hierarchy, then every column in the active hierarchy has to match this condition
  • Non-numeric measures: model measure support is limited to sum and count only right now.
  • Limitation in data conectivity
    • Direct query
    • Live connect
    • On-prem RS
    • Embedding

Keep an eye out for future releases with improvements.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

prateekraina
Memorable Member

Thanks for the info @v-haibl-msft. Though, it would have been better if this information would have been provided in the feature update announcement to avoid confusion to users as the documentation link provided here doesn't work.

Prateek Raina

bretto
Helper I

Agree with Prateek, lost a bit of time trying to work out why the feature wasn't working. There was nothing to reference for limitations as the link doesn't work and I couldn't find elsewhere.