Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Display visual level filters in new filter bar not working

So we are using the new filter bar functionality, and I noticed that I have to unhide them in Power BI Desktop for them to show. When I then save the pbix and upload it to the service. Then nothing is shown. I then open the pbix again and the visual level filters are again set to hidden.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@davidgul,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side in Power BI Desktop (2.64.5285.741) . Could you please post a screenshot about "nothing is shown" in Power BI Service and the new filter bar in Power BI Desktop?

After you show visual level filter in new filter bar using "show filter" option, you would need to click on the visual to see detailed selections in New filter bar in Power BI Service or when you re-open PBIX file.
0.PNG
2.PNG

Otherwise, you will see the following notification in new filter bar.
1.PNG

Regards,

Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

davidgul
Regular Visitor

2018-12-05 09_11_43-TEST_FINBI_Profit_Loss - Power BI Desktop.png

Hi.

So im using: Version: 2.64.5285.582 64-bit

So I know that I have to click the visual, and this is what im doing. However if I now save the .pbix and try to reopen it. Then clicking the visual again then the visual level filter is not present anymore

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@davidgul,

Could you please update Power BI Desktop to newer version(2.64.5285.741)? If the issue still occurs, could you please share PBIX file via Private message?

Regards,

Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@davidgul,

Do you get the issue when connecting to other data sources except AAS? What connection mode do you use to connetc to AAS, import or connect live?

Regards,
Lydia