Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Display bugs with multidimensional currency measures in Power BI service

In addition to the shifting decimal places bug I logged yesterday, I've found more bugs with displaying currency measures in the Power BI service, when connected live to a multidimensional cube vie a data gateway.

For these examples, the data type for the Money Measure in SSAS is "Currency", and the values are:

Test SID, Money Measure

1, 1000.50

2, 1234.56

3, -999.99

Negative values are shown as absolute values, regardless of the visual.  In the screenshot below, the "Money Measure" value for Test SID 3 is -999.99.

Table with Graph.png

Note that the decimal places are also incorrect, as described in the shifting decimal places bug.  Power BI seems to be trimming all trailing zeroes, then placing the decimal point four positions from the end of that number.

Note also that the sorting (and filtering) uses the correct values; in the table in the above example, the rows are sorted largest-to-smallest according to the raw data in the cube.

Can someone of the Power BI team please look at this?  This makes live connections to SSAS multidimensional completely unusable.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

As I said in the shifting decimal places bug, there will a fix on 2/15/2017. Could you please check if this issue persists with the fix?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the fix arrived early!  I refreshed my reports this morning in Power BI online (version 13.0.1700.1082), and the numbers have both the correct scale and the correct sign!  Thanks for fixing this critical issue so quickly.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered