Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Display Folder disappears after refresh the dataset

I created some display folders to store different fields in Power BI desktop. Like below. I used excel as the datasource and I would refresh the dataset everytime before I publish the report. 

2021-03-18_22-06-34.png

In the past, the display folder will not change or disappear after I refresh the datasource. However, I noticed today that all the folders are gone after I refresh the datasource. Like this:

2021-03-18_22-12-28.png

I re-install power BI today and not sure what changed. Anyone knows why this happened and how to fix this??

  

Has submitted ICM

Comments
David_Marshall
Regular Visitor

I too am seeing this effect.

To save space, we've been saving pbit's locally (rather than the full pbix).

When opening the pbit yesterday, I noticed that all our Display Folders were gone.

If I open the pbit in TabularEditor I can see that references to the Display Folders are still there, but somehow during opening the pbit and/or refreshing the data, the Display Folders vanish.

After the data has completed refreshing for the pbit, I can go in to Model and examine the properties for a Field, and now the Display folder text box is empty

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @windynan 

I have reported this issue internally, ICM: 233091389

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Has submitted ICM

moosepng
Helper II

I have this issue as well. When I refreshed the datat in my table (SQL databes connection) I lost all my display folders and descriptions.
Any work around?

marita

I've lost all my folders too - the only ones that seem to still be there are for calculated fields.

windynan
Advocate I

@v-robertq-msft Thank you Robet. Do you know when this can be fixed?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @windynan 

I’ve got this message from pg: We already have a work item for it. Working on a fix.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phew, I was seriously starting to doubt my memory & process with this one.
I have the same issue, but only lose some folders and some descriptions after a refresh. Couldn't see a clear pattern as to which ones disappeared.

juan_pablo
Advocate III

@v-robertq-msft 

Should we wait until the patch is released in order to have all our folders back?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this been fixed yet?