Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Disabling Visual Header does not remove all icons.

hi, when trying to clean up my report deployed to the Power BI service I can still see the Pin icon, Focus Mode, and More options for visuals created in the report when deployed to PowerBI.com. I want to create a simpler dashboard without the pin options for things like buttons and on page slicers. These aren't relevant for reports, they clutter the UI and I don't want the users to have any additional options available. can you please tell me why I can't disable all options ?

thanks

Dan

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @danno

In Power BI service, please open report settings, then turn on the "Hide the visual header in reading view" option, when we view the report in reading mode, visual headers don't display. 

q2.PNG

Reference: 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-march-2018-feature-summary/#visualHeader

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

danno
Resolver V

Hi, 

thanks for the tip, however I'm not trying to turn off all Visual headers.  I just wanted to remove the unnecessary visual header icons for all visuals where they aren't relevant e.g. slicers.  The end users find the experience annoying when icons keep popping up when they aren't needed.  I expected to be able to turn off the visual header by de-selecting the Visual Header for each visual when not required.  The alternative is to de-select each individual option within the visual header for every visual - this is not the most productive way of working, it would be much easier if turning off the visual header did what it suggests. 

thanks

Dan

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @danno

From your description, it seems you would like to hide specific visual header icons when end users view the report, right? 

You can edit the report, select the visual, go to Format pane, find Visual Header node, turn off desired icon, eg: Pin icon (you need to scroll down to find it). 

w4.png

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

danno
Resolver V

I would just like to click once to turn off the visual header, not 10 times to turn off all individual options for each visual when there are several visuals on each page of the report.  I'll see if there is already an idea submitted to make this work. Thanks for the tips. Dan

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @danno

There is a same idea, you can vote it up: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/39152023-disable-visual-header-sh...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu