Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Disable Comments in Desktop

Is there a way to disable comments in PBI Desktop?

I have disabled comments via the report settings online, but comments are re-enabled if the report is re-published from desktop.

Thanks

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, "Comments" functionality is turned on by default once we publish/re-publish a report to service. To disable it, we have to turn it off manually on service site. There is no relative option to disable it in desktop. Maybe you could submit an idea here.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Idea now submitted, thanks Yuliana @v-yulgu-msft ,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updte on this ? I'm having same concern

BBS

Same issue after uploading changes from destop. Comments are being enabled on the report and not seeing an option to disable with the desktop program.

BBS

Link for others to vote: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=fec57ba4-35b6-482a-bc41-185d852c795f

Obviously this could be a data security concern for users with row level security on a shared report. You dont want people commenting if it can be seen by others.

If its disabled by an admin then it should remain thus when updated from the desktop client.

BBS

@v-yulgu-msft

Is this a bug or would you consider it a feature request? I'm just thinking given the above statement.

The status is delivered so am unsure if its actually delivered or was closed as it was recommended to be a feature request.

Thank you.

sam_chart
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I'm unsure what is the current status. Is there an option to disable comments at the admin level?

Or do I need to disable the Comment feature in settings each time I refresh the report?

Thanks for the clarification.