Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Direct Query issues

I currently have a couple of reports that use DirectQuery to an Azure SQL database.

This morning I have been getting this error message whenever I try to open / refresh the report:

Keyword not supported: 'global pipe'.. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface.

The only change that have been done recently on my machine is the recent windows update.

Comments
RayNg
Frequent Visitor

Ditto, ditto, ditto! Thank you @eddysteurs for providing the link and suggestion to swtich off the auto update!

mothman
Frequent Visitor

Same thing happening for us here, with the November version (both store and non-store). Completely can't use any reports using DirectQuery to Azure SQL. Seems like a huge bug!

FrankPreusker
Advocate III

I initially thought, that my local pbix file is broken, but the issue is happening as well on a fresh copy of the same file from PBI Service. Can somebody from Microsoft please post a resolution date here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It happens to me as well. Don't know how to downgrade to Oct. Help! This is a serious issue. 

RayNg
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Anonymous , I had the same issue too. Read @eddysteurs earlier post. He provides a url to the October version of PowerBI; just uninstall your current version and install that older version to resolve this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

is there any eta on a fix?  I don't have the access to uninstall the store app and IT won't roll back 😞

karaoan
Kudo Commander

Just FYI: The new .801 PBI Desktop version published today (20/11/19) unfortunately doesn't fix the problem.

karaoan
Kudo Commander

Version .861 finally fixes the issue...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update!

elainebean

Ditto, I had the same issue. As I am relatively new to PowerBI I thought there was a problem with the local pbix file that my colleague had created. Thankfully not. Seems like a huge bug.