Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Direct Query issues

I currently have a couple of reports that use DirectQuery to an Azure SQL database.

This morning I have been getting this error message whenever I try to open / refresh the report:

Keyword not supported: 'global pipe'.. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface.

The only change that have been done recently on my machine is the recent windows update.

Comments
calsavara
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. It works fine on Service, and the error comes up on Desktop.

fchen83
Employee

I uninstalled and reinstalled Power BI desktop x64 version and in solved my issue.

calsavara
Frequent Visitor

Hi @fchen83 . Did you install it via Microsoft Store or the PBI website?

karaoan
Kudo Commander

Same problem here with latest November 19 update.

eddysteurs
Regular Visitor

same problem here , multiple pc's with new update of BI desktop to Nov version, reverted back to Sep version and it works again

karaoan
Kudo Commander

Had session with MS support: they confirmed it's a bug in November version of Power BI Desktop and the only way is to revert to October release.

Martin

Planning & Data Model Automation with Power BI -> https://www.acterys.com

laf
Regular Visitor

I experience the same issue. Problem is that I have installed Power BI Desktop from the Microsoft Store, and cannot find any way to downgrade it. Also I cannot find any installations files on the net for any previous versions. Any idea of how to solve this?

eddysteurs
Regular Visitor

Laf

you can download it via the normal website (this is link for september version, but others are there too)

make sure you set automatic update of apps in MS store to off, or it might update it again.

laf
Regular Visitor

Thanks @eddysteurs. I have now downgraded and direct queries work again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Works in the October release, but not the newest November release.