Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dilltrhough "bug" when changing Visualisations on the same page: the dill-through filters don't hold

Ok, I'm not actually sure if this is a bug or intended but it is a "nuisance" in specific cases. Following the options that the new selection pane combined with bookmarks offers (ie. the possibility to switch visualisations on the same page using a "toggle button", as explained int he October "what's new" video), I have set up a page with two sets of visuals: one depicting data for each period this year (quarter, month); the other depicting aggregate data for this year. Users can switch between each set by a "toggle button", which in practice switches between bookmarks on the same page revealing and hiding the relevant visuals. The problem arises when I set the drill-though option for the page. If I then go to another page and drill-though the relevant field, the page comes up with the correct drill-through filter applied. However if I then try the toggle button on the same page, the drill-through filter is cleared, and the filter is lost, rendering the fancy switching of visuals from "by period" to aggregate useless. If I "toggle" between boolmarks on the same page, the drill-through filtering is lost.

Please allow an option to hold the filtering for cases like I have described.

Thank you!

Regards,

Paul.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@PaulDBrown

I'm not very clear about your issue here. Please refer to my recorded video below. The drill-through filter is not lost after I go back to the previous page or switch between bookmarks. Please provide some screenshots for the repro if possible.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

PaulDBrown
Community Champion

@v-haibl-msft

Herbert, thank you for taking time to follow this. I have seen your video, and I realise that I wasn't clear in my explanation. What I meant is that when you toggle (following the example included in the "what's new" video for October, where we were shown how you could use bookmarks and the selection pane to switch views on the same page in a report) between bookmarks on the same page using an image as a trigger (not go back and forth between pages), the drill through filter clears. Here are some screenshots:

1. Drill through applied: 

drill through.JPG2. "Toggle" to "Table" view on the same page:

Toggle 1.JPG3. ""Toggle back to "Matrix" view: drill through filter cleared

Toggle 2.JPGI hope that helps to explain the "issue" better.

I do understand that there is a logic taking place. The moment you "toggle", the view reverts to the saved bookmark which doesn't include the "drill through" field selected, but it would be great if there was an option to maintain the drill through filter applied while "toggling" bewteen bookmarks as per this example. This would be great to enrich content on the same page when diving deeper into a specific field coming from a "drill through".

Thanks again for your time and help.

best reagrds,

Paul.

PS. this is the sample pbix file:

Drill Through / Toggle example

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@PaulDBrown

I get your point. As you said, if you introduce a slicer (here we introduce a drillthrough filter) into a page where you previously created bookmarks, the slicer will behave in its default state.

Please create an idea in https://ideas.powerbi.com.

Best Regards,
Herbert