Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Different results from Power BI Desktop report and Power Bi Online report

Hi, Power BI Online report shows different result than Desktop report. The calculation works just fine for two years of data, and for one day only shows differences. For isntance in this table (Online Report), row 22-07-2020 shows 28 in Column "Egresos".

NoiseTrader_0-1596499178414.png

But in this table (Desktop Report) the same row and column shows 56 

NoiseTrader_1-1596499335432.png

Any idea of what could be happening?

Many thx in advance!

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@NoiseTrader ,

Is Egresos a calculate column or measure? And could you please clarify more details about this issue?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

NoiseTrader
Regular Visitor

@v-yuta-msft 

Hi, thanks for your help.  Is a measure that sums  if there is a date or not in the source. 

NoiseTrader_0-1596553007740.png

Now, I went to the data source, changed manually the date to a day before, refreshed the online service, and I got the correct value, then I put the date again to the original date and again showed me the correct value. So the issue is gone but I think the way to solve it is not the best, as this is a report for a client and refreshes every 3 hours and I'm afraid I can have this problem again.

ToddChitt
Super User

If it happens again, try one of the following:

* Refresh the dataset after publishing the changes

* Click the "Revert to Default" button in the upper right corner of the browser. I have seen actual Charts NOT show the latest publishing version, even after clearing the browser cache, until that button in clicked. Wierd, but it happened to two of us on multiple occasions. We saw two different browsers show two different published versions of our report and it wasn't until the "Revert to Default" button was activated did the erroneous browser actuall get the latest published version of the report. 

NoiseTrader
Regular Visitor

Hi @ToddChitt , thanks for your help. I tried both as I looked for solutions in some other posts and followed the advice, but didn't work either. Cheers 

EmikaTLV
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I just encountered the same exact problem, and was unable to fix it. 

Did you find any solution?

When I have unchecked the 'persistent filters' like below, the data was corect, till the next refresh, that the same problem appeared again.

EmikaTLV_0-1650444858866.png

Thanx for any reference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am having the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed this post and I'm thinking this may be what's causing the problem. 

@https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Duplicate-value-error-while-refresh-without-having-a-duplic...

@EmikaTLV, do you have incremental refresh enabled on your dataset?