Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Difference between Query Editor & Desktop

Hi,

I have an issue with difference between what I see in Query Editor and what is display in Desktop.

Decimal notation change from 1 000,00 to 1.000,00 for some reason.

Please find below example : Example 

Does anybody had the same issue ?

Thanks a lot

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BI_MI

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Please update Power BI desktop to the same version. Also you can try the Power Query to create the same report as ours then test again on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WcnY0MNQ3MDA0MTNW0lEyVDAwMNAxMFBwdVSK1YHLGhmaGIFkYTKxAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Material/ Plant(Key)" = _t, #"Base Qty for Price(Key)" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Material/ Plant(Key)", type text}, {"Base Qty for Price(Key)", type text}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

BI_MI
Frequent Visitor

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. I have tested with the latest version of Power BI (December) but I still have the same issue.

When applying your code it works well and have the expected result without converting text format.

Which code I have to apply to solve the issue ?

Thanks for your help.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BI_MI

In Query Editor, please select the column, then change data type as TEXT, apply the change then check if the same issue occurs. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu