Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Details: Expression.Error: The module named 'Html' has been disabled in this context

I'm trying to access some data stored in O365 sharepoint using a dataflow. The query works fine in the desktop but will not refresh in a dataflow due to the error in the title. It is not possible to use a gateway as a workaround since there is no enterprise gateway connector for Sharepoint online. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/DataFlow-error-The-module-named-HTML-has-been-disabled-in-t...

The error occurs when trying to apply the Web.Page function to a column containing HTML text in the dataflow editor. the query is shown below and produces no errors in the Feb 2019 desktop client

Source = SharePoint.Files("https://sharepoint.com", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Folder Path] = "https://sharepoint.com/teams/SAP Data/P Numbers/")),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Custom", each Text.FromBinary([Content])),
#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom", "Custom.1", each Web.Page([Custom])),

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JonesTrac ,

Please edit the dataflow, go to Query Editor section, check if there is any cell contains "Error", if it is. Please remove these Error then save the dataflow to refresh again.

If the refresh still failed, please go to Dataflows settings -> REfresh History, download the refresh record to see detail information. 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

JonesTrac
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks for response, I know that the error is occuring within the step below but this works fine in the desktop client. Is this disabled by design in the dataflow service?

#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom", "Custom.1", each Web.Page([Custom])),

Many thanks,

Owen

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JonesTrac,

In Power BI desktop, when you apply the step #"Added Custom1"  and load data to data model, there should be a message to prompt an error. 

For dataflow, after removing errors, is the dataflow refreshed successfully? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

JonesTrac
Frequent Visitor

Hi, there are no errors when loading the data in the desktop, the dataflow works ok without this step but it is a crucial step to the query

Many thanks,

Owen

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JonesTrac

In my previous post, I mean if there is any cell displays "Error" in the last step #"Added Custom1". If you fix these "Error" cells in this step, test again to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

JonesTrac
Frequent Visitor

There are no errors in cells. In the desktop the query runs fine with no errors and in the dataflows service the query will not run at all due to the error I've mentioned

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JonesTrac

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered