Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Desktop page tabs cutting off (new with November release)

The page tabs are now being cut off by the new page in PBI Desktop with the November release.  See below.

PBI Page cutoff.PNG

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @DQuigg,

I can't reproduce it. You can see it from the snapshot below. Could you please provide the steps that I can reproduce this issue?Desktop page tabs cutting off (new with November release).JPG

BTW, there is a new release of PBI Desktop. Please upgrade it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331.

Best Regards!

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

DQuigg
Advocate III

It seems to be intermittent.  Sometimes it occurs just clicking on the + symbol.  Other times it occurs duplicating a page.  Today, it only happened once.  It clears itself up if you either save and reload the report or drag the new page to another position.  One other thing to note is I am using a 4k monitor.  

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @DQuigg,

The possible cause could be the Windows display settings. Quoted from here: powerbi-desktop-get-the-desktop/#minimum-requirements.

>>>Windows Display settings: If your display settings are set to change the size of text, apps, and other items to more than 100%, you may not be able to see certain dialogs that must be closed or responded to in order to proceed using Power BI Desktop. If you encounter this issue, check your Display settings by going to Settings > System > Display in Windows, and use the slider to return display settings to 100%.

Best Regards!

Dale

DQuigg
Advocate III

Dale,

Thanks for the note, but that is not the case.  I do have a 4k monitor which I suspect may be an influence.  It is not a big deal and there are easy workarounds. It is also not consistent.  Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.  

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @DQuigg,

4k monitor is wonderful. Usually the font will be small with a high resolution. Please check the setting in the following picture. Just in case.Desktop page tabs cutting off (new with November release)2.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale