Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Desktop does not show icons for visual imported from AppSource

Hello, when I import a visual from AppSource, the icon does not appear in the toolbox and therefore I am unable to use the visual.

After clicking "Get more visuals" and choosing one in the AppSource dialog, I get a messagebox saying "The visual was successfully imported". However, there is no icon for this newly imported visual. 

I have the latest Power BI Desktop app installed from the Microsoft Store October 2021. I am creating a new report from sample data. A coworker has the same issue on their machine.

Screencam:

PBIdesktop.gif

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the same issue as yours.

I can successfully import the same custom visual as yours and see the visual icon in the right:

vrobertqmsft_0-1634278883912.png

Therefore, I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

danmarshall
Employee

Hi Robert, thank you for looking into this. I have uninstalled the Microsoft Store version, and then installed the latest version from the link you provided. I still see the same issue. Perhaps it has something to do with my user account?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating