Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Desktop app data load problem

New version of PBI Desktop does not load data from web data source in gettings started example.

However if i switch to an older version it is fine to load data.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Emil_Yusifov

May I know what's the  example you mean? Please provide some screenshots so we can understand the issue clearly. Do mask sensitive information before uploading your screenshots. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Emil_Yusifov
Regular Visitor

Hi. Qiuyun Yu.

I reinstalled the recent downloaded version of Power BI Desktop and try again. And that is what happen.

Issue appear after load data from web link: https://www.bankrate.com/retirement/best-and-worst-states-for-retirement/ , provided in Power BI Desktop getting started page. Error message shown directly after hitting Apply or Coles&Apply on Home Tab of Power Query Editor.

Screenshots of error and screenshots about installed apllication attached :

about app.JPGApply error.JPG

Everything works fine if use an older version of application.

Best,

Emil Yusifov

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Emil_Yusifov

May I know the exact old version number of Power BI desktop? 

I tested on my side both in Power BI desktop 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit (March 2020) and 2.78.5740.1101 64-bit (February 2020), below error occurs in navigator window use web data source, let alone applying query change.

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Emil_Yusifov
Regular Visitor

Hi, Qiuyun Yu.

Exact version is 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit as you mentioned.

I did not load data from Navigator immediately. Before I go to Query Editor to shape data. Do some simple work.  What is interesting, I receive no errors in that steps, all table data loads to and shown in Query Editor. Error occurs when hit Apply or Colse&Apply in Query Editor.

I run it on Windows 10 64 bit Russian.

I could only suppose that it could be somewhere in code page settings of windows maybe. But PBI Installar had to install necessary components regardles of OS, I think.

Old version however run fine.

I am just starting PBI and that does business for now.

I reported this error, when the app offered to.

Best,

Emil