Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Desktop July 2018 Release - Appending Tables Not Loading all rows

I have a sales table with 12 Million rows. I appended a table with the same column names etc. When doing this in the previous June Release version of Desktop, the tables load fine. When appending loading the exact same tables in the July 2018 release, only 2,000 rows load. 

None of the new preview features are turned on. I've downloaded and installed the latest 7/31/2018 release or Desktop and it still does not work. I have bee using the previous release just to make this work. 

Any idea when this will be fixed in desktop? 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DarylM,

With Power BI desktop released on 7/31/2018, the table generated from Append Queries can load more than 2000 rows on my side by retrieving data from SQL data source. 

Which data source do you get data from? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

DarylM
Helper II

Yes, normally I have no issue with appending tables, but for some reason, this latest version has been having issues. 

Yes, both the tables are SQL tables. I've tried to do the append between these tables in the 7/31/2018 release a few times by creating them, but no luck. As I mentioned earlier, when I reinstalled the previous version of PBI, the append works just fine. 

If no one else is having issues with this, then is possible that is my computer or something. 

Thanks!

DarylM
Helper II

I had a colleague open and refresh the same dataset I was having issue with to see if it loaded only 2,000 rows one his machine and it did. He is running the 7/31/2018 release of PBI. 

DarylM
Helper II

I contacted Microsoft on this issue and this is their response:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is the recent product group update

“Customers utilizing specific connectors without using native SQL queries, pulling SQL data that does not include a SQL primary key column in the final result, and doing Append or Merge operations may experience missing or incomplete data when refreshing reports in the Power BI service. The following is a list of connectors impacted: SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Teradata, Sybase, Informix, DB2 or Access”

“if customer using one of the database connectors listed below, and that the other aspects described in the comms match the customer’s scenario, then it does seem they’re encountering the same data truncation issue in PBIDesktop.

The truncation issue will be fixed as part of the SU08 PBIDesktop release, which is slated for this week.”

-----------------------------------------------------

I will look forward to the August Update for a fix for these issues. 

DarylM
Helper II

This issue has been solved with the August 8.7.2018 Release