Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deployment pipeline: Copying the content to this workspace... error

My deployment pipeline keeps saying Copying the content to this workspace..., and never ends, because I don't have Capacity assignment privileges, nor the rights to create a new workspace.

But I would have thought this would somehow give me an error message saying one, or both, of these things preferrably.

I also tried creating a workspace, the same thing happens. The Save button disappears, but then nothing happens (for at least a few minutes). No workspace, but also no error message, which was the case with the old workspaces.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@nickyvv ,

You need to have the capacity permissions before deployment, please refer to doc below:

During first-time deployment, deployment pipelines checks if you have Premium capacity permissions.

If you have capacity permissions, the content of the workspace is copied to the stage you're deploying to, and a new workspace for that stage is created on the Premium capacity.

If you don't have capacity permissions, the workspace is created but the content isn’t copied. You can ask a capacity admin to add your workspace to a capacity, or ask for assignment permissions for the capacity. Later, when the workspace is assigned to a capacity, you can deploy content to this workspace.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

nickyvv
Community Champion

@v-yuta-msft thanks for the reply. I know that, but that was not the point of my issue.

The issue is that I do NOT get any message in the UI saying it can not deploy.

I would expect a message saying either:

• that I don't have capacity assignment privileges, or
  • that I don't have workspace creation privileges, or
  • both these messages.

Now, the UI just keeps spinning, and I'm waiting for ever on nothing, which is not the best user experience.

HubertBeszterda

I have the same issue, there's the "Copying x item/s to this workspace..." message and nothing happens. I successfully deployed other items a few weeks ago but this problem started yesterday for me (didn't deploy items earlier this week so maybe it started e.g. on Thursday as for you). Also, I can deploy reports, the problem is only with datasets...

SR2019
Frequent Visitor

I am having same issue. I am getting ""Copying the content to this workspace..." message with no further progress. Few observations

- The workspace assigned to "Dev" stage is in under Premium Capacity and I am Capacty admin for this Premium capacity. 

- I can see the workspace for "Test" stage is already created and all the reports and datasets also created under it. Looks like process stuck after this is complete

- All the datasets in the workspace are using direct connection to Azure Analysis Service models, This could be an issue (Document says "Datasets that do not originate from a .pbix" are not supported. Does that include datasets pointing to AAS model?).