Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deleted Scorecard still sending failed refresh emails nonstop

Going on for a week straight now, I have been receiving "failed refresh" emails for every KPI that was a part of an unused and now-deleted scorecard. August 3 I started receiving the emails randomly even though the scorecard was still active but not refreshing for over a year. I deleted the scorecard, as it was no longer needed, in the hopes that it would stop the emails/KPIs refreshing. I have received refresh failed emails every day since then. Is there anything I can do to stop them or to ensure that the underlying data refresh object can stop?

joncampf_0-1660051274414.png

Still could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test, after I have deleted the scorecard from Metrics, have not received refresh failed e-mail during these days.

If this issue is urgent for you, suggest that you can create a support ticket and the end of the support page for further fast help, see:

Support | Microsoft Power BI

vyingjl_0-1660721742601.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
JLPicard2111

Hi.. I'm afraid I can't really help here because I'm currently experiencing the same issue.

I tested the metrics.. but didn't find it useful right now so I deleted it. For whatever reason I keep getting daily e-mails that the refresh has failed.. but I can't see any scorecard or metrics or datasource.. what am I supposed to do now?? How to get rid of these messages?

Muhammad_Syed
Regular Visitor

I am having similar issue. More problem for me is metric owners are getting fail notifications emails as well and getting annoyed. There is no way to restore the scorecard which i know. Urgent help needed in this regard. 

Muhammad 

liyingjl
Regular Visitor

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. If a scorecard cereated in Metrics, the related dataset will be created as well so that you can configure scheduled refresh for it.

If the scorecard has been deleted, the related dataset will also be deleted, it should not send e-mail and actually I have not received the refresh failed e-mail.

If try to create a test scorecard in a new workspace to test, whether it still happens for the same user.

Regards

Muhammad_Syed
Regular Visitor

@liyingjl that how it should work but unfortunately it is not working in the logical way. Till we have appropriate solution to this issues, in the mean time it is better to remove owner names  before deleting the scorecard to save users from recieving the emails notifications.

Regards,

Muhammad 

ginskr
Frequent Visitor

Have the same issue -  my inbox each morning gets like 100 mails of failed refreshes. is that somekind of bug? Need to urgently fix it @support 

Muhammad_Syed
Regular Visitor

@ginskr 100% agree. 10s of emails every hour not only to report creator but also to all the stakeholders which is very annoying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have same error,   

at beginning,  Metrics sent me alert about Scorecards refresh failure, they actually work well.

I'm done with so many alert mails.  I deleted all Scorecards,  but I still receive same alerts mails about refresh failure.  Can we escalate it to someone?  

ALACIA_AWORK
Regular Visitor

Same issue, a test metric I had deleted is sending failed refresh notices. I'm worried this might effect the reports it came from, as failed refreshes turn off scheduling.

Muhammad_Syed
Regular Visitor

Hi, i have esclated the email notification issue last week to Microsoft team . Although i have'nt got any confirmation but seems somekind of fix has been applied and i no longer recieve such notification from yesterday. 

Hope it helps

Regards

MS

ginskr
Frequent Visitor

Tnaks @Muhammad_Syed  yes, it seems to have stopped for me too. Thanks for escalating. Hopefully they found the issue