Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Delete other's report comment

I added  comment A to a report in the Service. My colleague can delete comment A. 

She can do so as 

- owner of the (old) workspace

- member of the (old) workspace

- not a member of the workspace ! but with readaccess to the report

In short, I cannot find a case where someone else cannot delete my comments, which is not desirable.

(tested 22/10/2019)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ElsD

Based on my test, if the user is a admin or has edit permission on the workspace content, then this user is able to delete other user's comments.

In your scenario, you can add the user as a member of the workspace with read only permission, or just share the report without adding the user as a workspace member. The user should not be able to delete other user's comments. Please let the user refresh the browser page after you change permission for a while. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

ElsD
Advocate I

I'm a Power BI admin and my colleague a capacity admin. I did not expect a capacity admin have 'normal' admin rights. But it explaines the tests.

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ElsD

I tested with Premium P1 capacity, the user A published the report to a premium workspace, added a comment on the report, and shared this report with the capacity admin eg: User B. This user B didn't have any edit permission on the report, when this user viewed the shared report, he can't delete the comment authored by User A. 

In your scenario, please ensure the capacity admin doesn't have edit permission on the report. If the issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu