Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Default newly published reports to NOT be included in the app.

Not publishing to the app by default is much more efficient.  when publishing test files, one must remember to go back and exclude them from the app.  This can result in major problems with files under test being published to customers.  If the service defaulted to NOT including publiushed items in the app (or even gave an option?) a lot of this heartache could be avoided.  It's a much lower risk problem not publishing a report to an audience than reporting the wrong thing.

Hi , @pewpewlaserz 

Currently, Service defaults to “Yes” indeed. You can refer your comments and ideas to Ideas Forum.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @pewpewlaserz 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your issue .

The first time we create an app , we can choose the reports and dashboards that we need . If we want add other reports or dashboards to the published app , we can also choose the specified reports or dashboards through “Include in app” . Service will not automatically update the published report to the app, unless you manually Update app without filtering.

Ailsamsft_0-1647322202257.png

Best Regards,

pewpewlaserz
Regular Visitor

You have the situation correct, but there is a step in that process that was missed. When you add new reports to your app, in order for them to be excluded from app publishing, you need to remember to go and change "Include in App" to "No".  This is because new reports and dashboards default to "Yes" for "Include in App".  

My suggestion is to change the default from "Yes" to "No" for "Include in App".  My reasoning is that it's easy to forget to change this field and that leads to unintended publications - test files, reports that aren't tested yet, etc., being published to customers.  By changing "Include in App" to default to "No", the worst thing that would happen if one forgot to change the status is that it would not publish the new item to the app - much lower risk than publishing unintended content.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi , @pewpewlaserz 

Currently, Service defaults to “Yes” indeed. You can refer your comments and ideas to Ideas Forum.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,

pewpewlaserz
Regular Visitor

oh jeez, sorry, thought i was in ideas!