Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dedicated IP address - possible fix?

Hi, I am using teh POwer BI API to connect to an application called Repairshopr (https://www.repairshopr.com/).

Date refreshes fail about 80% of the time. There is no pattern in the refresh fails, they can happen any time of the day and on any element of the data.

The error report is error 420 - too many requests.

I have esclated this to Repairshopr with the following response:

"I do also wish to mention that when it comes to the tally count of API requests for our server, I believe it counts the number of calls based on the IP address of the router that is sending out the request and not the Ip of the device connected to the router, so hypothetically if you have two different computers making requests to the API through the same router, they will both be considered to be using one line of traffic."

Is there a way to fix this?

Hi @NeilChadwick ,

Is the information you provided accurate? I have never encountered this 420 error message for too many requests, and I have not found anything similar in my online research.
Can you show me a detailed screenshot of the error page? (Be careful to hide sensitive information)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @NeilChadwick ,

Is the information you provided accurate? I have never encountered this 420 error message for too many requests, and I have not found anything similar in my online research.
Can you show me a detailed screenshot of the error page? (Be careful to hide sensitive information)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

NeilChadwick
Regular Visitor

Hi, here is the error message provide by Power BI:

"Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://tekstore.repairshopr.com/api/v1/tickets?page=5&api_key=T1bd4a1a9dc4e68a64-da731b09bceca14658...' (429): Too Many Requests. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action."

Apologies, there was a typo in my first statement - erro 429 - not 420.

NeilChadwick
Regular Visitor

Hi, any updates on this quet please?