Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Decomposition Trees stop working when I Convert To a Local Model

I currently have a Live Connection with a Tabular model.  I want to convert this to a local model.

russfai_0-1656022121996.png

When I click on the "Make changes to this model" link in the lower right-hand corner, I get the following message:

russfai_1-1656022227182.png

I click on the "Add a local model" button, it allows me to select the Database and then I click on Submit.  My database is properly converted to a Direct Query to AS.  However, now none of the Decomposition Trees function.

russfai_2-1656022471481.png

This is really hindering our development.  Please help!

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. When I converted it to Direct Query from Live connection, the visual works fine in my side.

As the error message mentioned, whether 'TOPNPERLEVEL' is a variable or a measure in your report? Perhaps you can consider sharing more details about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. When I converted it to Direct Query from Live connection, the visual works fine in my side.

As the error message mentioned, whether 'TOPNPERLEVEL' is a variable or a measure in your report? Perhaps you can consider sharing more details about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

russfai
Employee

The field "TOPNPERLEVEL" is not coming from my model.  In fact, others that have reported this issue are also getting the same error referring to "TOPNPERLEVEL".  What's the probability we are all using the same variable.  This link shows others with the same error:

Decomposition Tree is not working anymore - Microsoft Power BI Community

This variable must be coming from the Decomposition Tree visual itself.  This is a complete show stopper for us.  We've tried everything to get this to work and nothing has succeeded.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!